Every family has problems and challenges. But successful families try to work together toward solutions instead of resorting to criticism and contention. They pray for each other, discuss, and give encouragement. Ezra Taft Benson

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Family

Seeing pictures and hearing news from others is so nice. I must admit at holiday time I long to see family - any of you! Maybe it is because of good memories from childhood that makes me homesick for friends or family. This holiday time is no different.

Wesley Jr’s baptism was yesterday. We had a parade in the morning where the children were part of the nativity and Daddy and I handed out pass-along cards on the sides. It was a very cold morning but we thawed out in time for the baptism. Half the people that came were not members of the church, so that was great. After the baptism we had family and a few friends over to the house. It was a little hectic of a day but a wonderful day to celebrate.

It was hard for me, as it always is, to see the priesthood forming a circle around my child without one is my brothers or father in it. I have so much gratitude for my good husband! Part of the reason I fell in love with Wesley was because he honors his priesthood like my dad and brothers. I hope that someday we can enjoy these important events with my brothers and my dad. I long to see them blessing my children's lives as they have my own!! I never thought I could love anyone more than I do my own father and brothers but my feeling for my Wesley has taken my love to a whole new level! I guess Heavenly Father knew I couldn't do this or be here without him.

I wish I could take an hour and tell you about him and who he has become, but he is a little shy you know. He is such a doting father to his little Maryann. Whenever she is crying he asks if he can take her, and sure enough he settles her down. He has developed quite a touch. I am so grateful! He has the touch I don't.

Everyone seems to laugh when they see Maryann, especially when I change her diaper - because of all her rolls. She has really chunked up. She looks more like Emma's or Becky's babies. I love having a baby! She is making funny faces and talking a lot - almost as much as she spits up. Today at church she spit up all down the front of me so I wiped it off put her over my shoulder and she spit up all down my back and the seat. Next was a puddle on my skirt. Thank goodness it was during sacrament meeting so it dried before Relief Society - but the smell didn't go away I'm afraid.

On our way home from church we were listening the Handel’s Messiah. The children were singing along to All We Like Sheep, when we noticed Spencer (4) singing his own version, “Oh we like sheep, Do you like sheep? Oh we like sheep, Oh we like goats too.” We had quite a laugh over that one. Everyone started singing along with Spencer. The children wanted to be fair to Granddad’s goats.

No comments: